Monday, January 23, 2012

Zumba!!!

So I know I've been lagging behind on posting but I'm happy to report that I'm finally getting my butt in gear when it comes to the exercise.  I did jump on the elliptical twice last week but that's really not too much fun.  Then last Thursday one of the ladies at work (Maggie, you know it's you) said that I should join her at her Zumba classes.  I went to the first one tonight (it's on Mondays and Thursdays) and I think I was pleasantly surprised.  I knew the basic idea of what Zumba is so I had some idea going into it as far as what to expect.  I fully expected to look like an absolute uncoordinated idiot and I'm sure I looked just like that.  About three songs in I wanted to curl up in a corner- my side was killing me and wow did my feet hurt!  However I knew that I needed to keep going.  The only way I'm going to get back in shape is to push through the pain.  By the halfway point I felt like I could keep going and the second half of the class was great.  I'm a bit more tired than I usually am but my muscles are really aching right now.  I'm wondering how they'll feel in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Carol1 I am so proud of you. Zumba scares the heck out of me after hearing what the girls at work go through. Stick with it because in the long run, it will really improve your life.

    ReplyDelete