Saturday, January 7, 2012

The first full size quilt...

I know that I planned on this post being a papercrafting one but I can't find batteries for my camera to take some new pictures.  I guess I could show you an old paper project but honestly this picture was one of the first photos in the list of what's on my computer!  :)  This quilt is one that I finished way back in August for one of my good friends.  I met Danielle way back in college (ok it wasn't that long ago but it sure feels like it sometimes).  She got married back in August to a wonderful man (Jeff) and I wanted to make something really special.  I absolutely love batik fabrics so all but one of the fabrics that I used for the quilt top are batiks.  When I asked Danielle about colors she mentioned red and sunshine colors so that's why I went with red, orange and yellow fabrics.  The binding and the back are done with a dark berry color that matches one of the tones from one of the fabrics.  I also picked a pattern that I knew would be easy to piece together and easy to quilt.  With this being the first time I made a large quilt I wanted to make sure I could get it done in time.  If I remember correctly the final quilt wound up being approximately 90 inches square.  I also used a simple stitch in the ditch for the quilting and did it by machine.  Let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely. I like the batik fabrics and you blended the colors together in a very attractive pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I love batiks too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete