Saturday, January 5, 2013

Yarn and my day :)

So it was another long day at work today.  I love my job.  However, while I'm super excited to be moving into a larger store in a couple of months, I'm not so thrilled about all of the construction noise!  We're moving right next door but we're not keeping our current space at all.  So today, like the past few days, the construction crew broke out the jackhammers.  For those of you lucky enough to have never listened to a jackhammer for roughly six hours straight, imagine being in a dentist's chair having a tooth drilled for that long.  Only louder, much, much louder.  I could barely hear my guests questions and at one point the floor was literally vibrating.  Needless to say, I was very happy when 2pm rolled around and I was able to clock out!  

After today I needed to work on something relaxing and soothing.  I'm working on a series of neck warmers out of a fantastic yarn called 'Charisma.'  It's a bulky yarn that works up really quickly and looks great.  Tonight's yarn is the same colors that you see in the picture below- shades of blue, rust, tan and brown.  I love it!  And the neck warmers are so comfy.  Yet another thing I can't wait to finish up and post in my shop!
Painted Desert in Arizona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment