Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new year, a new resolution.

Well readers, welcome to 2013.  I'm particularly excited about the new year because I just love the number 13.  I know, I'm a bit weird but it's all okay. :)  So everybody always says that they have a "New Year's Resolution."  But really how many people actually keep their resolutions?  Last year my goal was to ready 50 new books and watch 50 new movies by the end of the year.  I had no problem with the books, I was reading so much that I lost track of all of the books that I went through!  50 movies on the other hand, that didn't happenI have a tendency to watch the same movies over and over again (just ask my husband!), so I might have watched 20 new movies the entire year.  One part of me feels a little bit sad that I didn't watch enough new movies but another part of me is just fine with it.  Like I said, I tend to read more than watch movies.  I also have several television shows that I like to keep up with and that's when I do my crafting!

So that brings me to this year.  It's January 1st and time for some new resolutions.  I'm hoping that I've come up with a couple that I can actually keep up with, but we'll all just have to wait and see.  The first of them is to continue my weight loss journey.  I have a final goal in mind- to get down to about 115lbs.  I started out my journey right after my 29th birthday in Sept. 2011.  My original goal was to make my goal weight by my 30th birthday.  It didn't happen and I know now that was probably unrealistic.  I've had good and bad moments with my weight loss and am currently down 29lbs. from my original weight.  I don't think that's too bad and I'm proud that I've been able to maintain that loss for the most part.  There were moments where I gained weight but I went back down again and that's important.  I love Zumba but haven't been able to go to classes much in the past few months because of my work schedule.  I'm hoping that changes soon.  So I've got roughly 70lbs. to go in my journey.  I also went meat-free back in the middle of November about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.  I've never been a huge meat-eater but I've always loved bacon and steak.  So giving up meat really wasn't a huge sacrifice for me.  The first few weeks were tough- like waking up and smelling that turkey roasting in the oven.  But I've stayed on track and feel better overall.  So resolution number one is to work on losing weight and maintaining the loss.

My second resolution is to write on this blog once a day.  I've said in a few past posts that I need to write more but I haven't been able to keep up with it.  Something always comes up or I just don't feel like writing.  So the new goal is to write something, anything at all, once a day.  Maybe I'll post about a recipe or a project or maybe if I don't feel like writing, I'll just share a favorite quote or song lyric.  Maybe I'll just share a picture because there is that saying "that a picture is worth a thousand words".  

Last year was an interesting year.  I got the chance to work in a few other stores, which may help propel me further with my job.  I had the awesome, amazing, fantastic opportunity to meet some of my all-time favorite musicians back in October.  (I still can't believe it actually happened!)  My husband started school back in Sept. which will lead to opportunities for him in the future. Even though I haven't sold much of anything yet, I did get a number of items posted in my online storeI spent a week in June on vacation down in Myrtle Beach, SC- my first real vacation.  I closed out the year with a trip to Delaware to visit my family for Christmas.  Jim and I stopped in D.C. on the way home and went to the National Gallery of Art.  I've missed going there on a regular basis so the trip was great!  And I was able to see a retrospective of Roy Lichtenstein's work- one of my favorite artists.  

So having said all of that, let's all see was 2013 has in store for us!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment