Thursday, January 3, 2013

Behind already!

So on the 1st I said that I wanted to write on my blog everyday.  Well, I completely forgot about it yesterday until I was all snuggled into bed, desperately hoping that at some point my ice cubes would turn back into toes.  Good news!  By morning I had toes again- probably had something to do with the five blankets and a cat curled up on my feet.  So this is my "make-up" post for yesterday.  I've decided that my punishment when I don't write for a day is going to be to write an extra post the next day.  It's not really punishment if it's fun though, right?

I've got a project in the works for my store that I personally think is AWESOME and AMAZING.  Yes, so great that it requires capital letters.  I found some bottle cap pendant blanks on my travels through Frederick, MD on the way home from that little holiday trip I took.  I've always wanted to make bottle cap necklaces but I've never been able to make them the way that I wanted.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make them so that I could put the fabric on the outer part of the cap since I would have had to attach a pendant blank/bail to the cap.  I tried to punch a small hole thorough the lip of the cap but always bent the cap.  So there I am in Jo-Ann's (yes, I do work at Jo-Ann's but this store was much larger then my store) and a bag of bottle caps catches my eye.  I lean down and low and behold, they have the bail already attached!  I snatched them up and knew that they were going to be my first official project of the new year.  I had to work the next morning at 6am so I didn't so anything that day or the next.  I was off the 30th, but decided that I needed to catch up on some well needed sleep.  So they sat there on my desk, in their bag, teasing me for a couple of days.  On the first I had some fun with fabric, the pendant blanks and a ton of Mod Podge.  The pendants are finally finished and I just need to make up the cords to go with them.  I can't wait to take photos and post them for sale in my shop!  Here's a little sneak peek of the pendants I took while the first layer of Mod Podge was drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment