Monday, February 6, 2012

A fun day out!

I had such a great day today!  Back at the beginning of January a new Hobby Lobby opened up about an hour from me in Altoona, PA.  I finally made it over there today and had so much fun.  Two of the ladies from work went with me- Tamara and Deb.  Both of them craft, so it was entertaining to shop with people that had the same interests as me.  That's not to say that I don't like shopping with my husband but let's face it, it's not the same thing.  I can get all excited about a craft product and Jim just doesn't know what in the world I'm talking about.  Then again, I get the same look on my face when we walk into a music store and he starts going on about the different amps, basses, etc.  So back to today- the Hobby Lobby followed by A.C. Moore (and I really, really miss having one of those five minutes away).  I'd post pictures of everything that I bought but honestly I don't want to take the time to photograph all of it!  Therefore, you'll get to see some of the finished products later on.  I will however tell you what all I got (and what a haul!).  Ready?  A pamphlet on advanced chain maille techniques,  a set of 5 snap-lock mini storage totes, two small green baskets, about 30 sheets of patterned paper, a Seweasy stitch piercer tool by 'We R Memories', an extra stitch component for the tool, a Tombow glue pen, two packages of flat front earwires, two different kinds of pendant bails, a package of large Valentine bags with a vintage design, a few sheets of felt, a starry embossing folder, a set of Tim Holtz clear stamps, two sets of mini clear stamps (featuring a little boy, little girl, a puppy, and birthday things), a paper stack called 'Farm Fresh' (so excited to use this paper) and a stamp set by TPC Studio that has different seed packs and a couple of veggies (and will be super cute with the farm paper).  I also picked up a couple of skeins of yarn to mail back to my mom in DE.  How's that for a haul at the craft store?  I've got the room cleaned up so I'm going to clean the desk off real quick and whip up some cards.  I just can't wait until tomorrow to work on them!

1 comment:

  1. Presents? I get presents! Carol, your day sounds fantastic. The only thing that could have been better (from my point of view) would have been if I had been shopping with you. I am so envious! I can't wait to see what you make from all your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete